December 14, 2009
|Prev Post||Next Post|
With the first stop of the US Snowboarding Grand Prix completed at Copper, we thought it appropriate to reflect on just what went down. Therefore we compiled a Top Ten most notable happenings from Stop #1. While these are not the only things worth mentioning, ten sounded like a good number. Mark Sullivan gives us his personal list.
US Snowboarding Grand Prix at Copper - Top Ten
10) Disappointing number of completed runs in the Men's final. Half of the field fell in both runs.
9) Riders having to show their new tricks after training all summer.
8) Maddy Schaffrick's mold breaking Women's runs. It looks like Torah Bright's influence is being felt.
7) Scotty Lago's double cork - spinning the whole 1080 with the double flip - it looks crazy.
6) Rob Kingwill freestyle-rap-announcing Kelly Clark's winning run.
5) Elijah Teter - perhaps the most under-appreciated talent in the pipe. Switch method anyone?
4) 2006 Gold Medalist Hannah Teter and pipe powerhouse Torah Bright not appearing in the women's final.
3) Shaun White's second run in qualifiers where he scored an amazing 49.5 out of 50. A near perfect score.
2) Seeing Shaun and Louie's Olympic runs - these are basically the same runs we will see in Vancouver.
1) The double-cork becoming the new 1080 - the holy grail of progression in 2010.